Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Good News and Not so Good News on the Rocky Road

This week had its ups and downs.  There were some very good things that happened, some that were not.  Monday, I went back to work for half-a-day.  I was a little shaky, but I felt better as the day progressed.  When I got home, I felt good enough to create another video using one of my poems from Pulse Points of a Woman's World.

I received an email telling me that Verge Magazine is going to publish an article about me and my book, Traveling a Rocky Road with Love, Faith and Guts, in their May issue.  How very nice of them to do this. They have both a print magazine as well as an online version.  I am really looking forward to see how it turns out

Tuesday, I worked until noon.  I had to go check on my lab results.  The kidney function was fine, and so were some of the other test. However, I have been told that I have my first urinary tract infections in the seventeen plus years that I have had my Indiana Pouch. I am now taking CYPRO to clear up that.  

The next thing on my agenda was to attend the launching of a cystectomy support group at the Cancer Center at Georgia Health Sciences University. I had the honor of being invited to be the guest speaker at this first meeting.  I was thrilled to do it because we are going to have a local support group, and I know how important that is to bladder cancer survivors.  I took a copy of my book to give to the attendees.  I hope my story will serve of some value there.

I finally made it home on Tuesday, and just got relaxed when I received a call from MO telling me that someone had broken into the house and the storage shed.  That really upset me because I had no way of knowing what they had taken.  Would you believe that my blood pressure shot up!  It did, and I decided that I needed to chill out.  There wasn't anything that could be done but call and report it to the local sheriff.  My eldest son took care of all that, and found someone to go secure the house.  My granddaughter is going to drive up there from AR to take inventory to see what is missing.

This morning my blood pressure was down some, but not enough.  I decided that I had better stay home today.  Tomorrow I will go back to work.  I really do not want to be taken out on a stretcher again. It stresses everyone there out too much. 

I think at this point I should end this entry with a quote that was a favorite of my grandmothers: "You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret."

Stay tuned, there is always more to come.  Please feel free to leave a comment, contact me or provide feedback.  I am on Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook.

1 comment:

Please leave a Comment, so I can get feedback!