Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Small Rock Slide on the Rocky Road, but Clearing it Out


When it come to writing this past week, it has been like a silent shroud.  The following stanza from one of my poems in my book, Pulse Points of a Woman's World, sums up how my writing progressed this week.


Silence surrounds the muse

    like the murky veil

    on a smoke-stained rose

   that enfolds a city’s dawn

   as the elegant words

   of pomp and circumstance

   are as voiceless

   as the cry of a city’s neon lights.


Unfortunately, I have been under the weather with a low potassium and breathing problem.  The doctor has prescribed that I take potassium, eat tomatoes, potatoes and avocados.  I know bananas are also very good, but they make me nauseous.  The other prescription was my favorite.  She gave it to my husband to fill, and it was frequent trips to the beach.  It seems that salt air really helps my breathing.  So, he is planning to do that this next week, and my eldest son will stay at our house while we are gone to take care of Squiggles and the house. 



Mary Forbes posted a really nice interview on her blog this week.  She has even offered to do a review on the book.  How nice!  If you want to read what she posted the link is: http://marymforbes.wordpress.com/writing/author-interviews/sylvia-l-ramsey/ .


I have another interview coming up with A.F. Stewart.  I will let you know when it is online.   I have been invited to be a guest on Julia Widdop's television show, Seekers Journey, on the 17th. of April.  That is going to be a busy week.  In addition, that same week I have two presentations. 


I think I need to take that trip to the beach so I can keep up the pace with what is going on in my life right now.  I will try to take some pictures and share my experience with you when I return home.  Who knows, I may even take my laptop to the beach and work some on my next book.  For right now, I am signing out, stay tuned for more. 



Don't forget to check out my book, Traveling a Rocky Road with Love, Faith and Guts,  on Amazon.  Any feedback is always appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. You are keeping busy Sylvia! Take care of yourself and allow yourself to rest when needed. I enjoyed the poem as well. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment, so I can get feedback!