Wednesday, February 29, 2012

See Who is Featured in Healthy Women Today!


Today I am featured in Healthy Women.  What an honor.   I wish to thank Carol L. Doyel who is the Editor-in-Chief, and
Marcia Mangum Cronin, Managing Editor for this privilege of being their guest.  I have written articles for them in the past, and I appreciate this support for my book: Traveling a Rocky Road with Love, Faith and Guts.  
Bladder Cancer Survivor Publishes Book
There have been so many people who have played a role in the creation of this book.  Carol is only one of the many, many people who have supported me in telling my story. The people who have read it, have said that it is a book that everyone should read.  I did not do anything heroic; I just had the guts to tell about the rough spots in my life that began as a child.  It is not a book that is in anyway trying to be a “scholarly” work of non-fiction, but just my voice sharing with you my life experiences and how I coped with them.  It, also, share the highlights as well as some funny moments.  My greatest hope is that those who read the book will give them insight into understanding that each of us has the strength to that regardless of the situation they can survive these obstacles that life throws in their road.  It does not matter if they are victims of child abuse, marital abuse, disease, or the death of a loved one, with faith in themselves and pure determination to overcome, they can survive. 
Learning to develop backbone is as vital as learning to laugh at your foibles when you would rather cry or hide.  It is important that we never give up on our dreams because we never know when the opportunity may arise to make them come true.  I don’t want to sound as if I am lecturing; I am merely sharing what I have learned along life’s highway.  Regardless of what others may think, each of us is special in our own way and we have no idea of our capabilities until we try and sometimes keep on trying.  If my life had been easy, it would not have been as rich and I would not have had the chance to develop the strength I needed to survive it all. 
If you would like to purchase a copy of the book, the link on Amazon is:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment, so I can get feedback!