Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Rocky Road Levels Out for a Moment in Time


"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky".  ~ Rabindranath Tagore


It is back to work on my blogs, my book and my writing.  My computer has arrived, programs installed, and now all I have to do is to acclimate myself to a new operating system and new word processing program.  The only complaint I have about the new word processing program is that they do not just add new features, but they move the commands for the familiar ones.  It becomes a games of hide and seek,  and a challenge to overcome. 

The final editing is almost complete, and the only thing left to do before it is off to the publisher is to indicate where the pictures are to be placed.  Sometimes it is tempting to go back and add more to the book, but you have to stop somewhere.  My editor said that it will required a revised edition in the future, and I suppose that will be the rest of the story. 

The writing of this book has been difficult at times because it has brought back memories I would rather forget.  But, I decided that if recording my experiences would help someone else to let them know they are not alone, and that with perseverance they can survive, the discomfort of my reflections are worth it.

One of the poems from my book:  Pulse Points of a Woman's World
Reflections of My Mind
I have grown weary
of the reflections of my mind.
As it mirrors images
of life‘s ups and downs.

It holds memories
both harsh and kind,
Rushing into view
by leaps and bounds. 

The mirror of my mind is
marred with clutter and dust,
Demanding to be cleaned
by a cloth with a ruthless hand.
Banishing the blurred images
from view is a must.

So, with arduous determination,
a clean mirror, I demand.
Soon my mental mirror
is bare as a tack,

But then, I analyze it
from my mind‘s door,
And, I know no peace
until it is back,
The reflection cluttered
as before.
"We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams". ~  Jeremy Irons












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment, so I can get feedback!