Thursday, December 15, 2011

More about the birth and author of The Rocky Road

I have been so fortunate to have the guardian angels in my life.  They have always been there in my darkest hour, and when I needed one the most.  They have walked beside me, helped me to maintain faith and belief in myself as well as in others.  I have learned that giving is much more rewarding than receiving. 
My life reminds me of Robert Frost’s poem, The Road Not Taken, in the line: “Two roads diverged into a wood, and I took the one less traveled, and that has made all the difference.”  I will always remember what my elementary teacher wrote in my scrapbook, “Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone.”  This book is not about crying, it is about getting knocked down by boulders, and standing in spite of them to go forward. 
Dr. Aman Kay, who is an internationally published author, has been helping me with this book by reviewing it.  He is the one who is responsible for my poetry that has been sprinkled throughout the book.  This poetry has all been published either in my book, Pulse Points of a Woman’s World, or in various literary magazines.  It is poetry that is written from the heart and soul, and was the only way I could express my feelings.  I once had an instructor who asked me to explain poetry.  I told him that it was much the same as an artist who paints what he or she sees and feels.  The difference is that the poet uses words to paint the minds pictures rather than oil paints, watercolor or some other medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment, so I can get feedback!